Monday, January 30, 2012

What's your favorite constellation?

Chivis' question about constellations gave me an idea. How about a survey to determine the most popular constellations: a Top Ten sort of thing? Just for diversion, and it isn't even competitive. I'll keep count and try to post the results somewhere. Just list your top three or four or five, in order. Or just one, if you want. And you don't have to say why...unless you want to.

So I'll start it off. My top four are:

1) Orion

2) Cygnus

3) Sagittarius

4) Virgo



Next, I think I'll start a star popularity contest!What's your favorite constellation?Orion, because it's the first one i learned in 2 nd grade. taurus and the 7 sisters follow!What's your favorite constellation?
Pleiaeds

Southern Cross

Iron PotWhat's your favorite constellation?1)Orion the Hunter

2)Big Dipper(the first one I ever learned)

3)Cygnus
Orion

Pisces

Virgo

CamelopardalisWhat's your favorite constellation?i like those too but i like draco too.What's your favorite constellation?
B枚otes

Orion

Cygnus

Ursa Major and Minor



in that order
1,2 %26amp; 3)Aquila (the Eagle), Lyra (the Lyre) and Cygnus (the Swan) - The Summer Triangle Combo - friends who return every summer)

4)Scorpius - (glittery creature with "eyes" on his tail that seem to be watching you)

5)Auriga (The Charioteer- because his bright star Capella makes him visible in spite of the brightest city lights)

6)Canis Major (The Big Dog- graceful dog with a bright nose)

7) Crux (The Southern Cross- I've only seen this on vacation since my home is too far north. It's cute.)

8)Delphinus, the Dolphin (also cute)What's your favorite constellation?
1. Pegasus

2. Cygnus

3. Scorpius

4. Delphinus
Many people like Orion.



Orion is my favorite as it was the first one that I recognized, a few years ago. (The three stars in his belt) I also like it, due to the fact it has a very observable nebular.



Orion really captured my imagination and inspired my to go into astronomy.
Orion
  • chrome apps
  • muffler
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment